Venue: Committee Room 1, Town Hall, Upper Street, N1 2UD. View directions
Contact: Jackie Tunstall 020 7527 3068
Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Councillors Champion, Convery, Diner, Shaikh, Spall and Williamson.
Declarations of Interest
If you have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest* in an item of business:
§ if it is not yet on the council’s register, you must declare both the existence and details of it at the start of the meeting or when it becomes apparent;
§ you may choose to declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest that is already in the register in the interests of openness and transparency.
In both the above cases, you must leave the room without participating in discussion of the item.
If you have a personal interest in an item of business and you intend to speak or vote on the item you must declare both the existence and details of it at the start of the meeting or when it becomes apparent but you may participate in the discussion and vote on the item.
*(a) Employment, etc - Any employment, office, trade, profession or vocation carried on for profit or gain.
(b) Sponsorship - Any payment or other financial benefit in respect of your expenses in carrying out duties as a member, or of your election; including from a trade union.
(c) Contracts - Any current contract for goods, services or works, between you or your partner (or a body in which one of you has a beneficial interest) and the council.
(d) Land - Any beneficial interest in land which is within the council’s area.
(e) Licences- Any licence to occupy land in the council’s area for a month or longer.
(f) Corporate tenancies - Any tenancy between the council and a body in which you or your partner have a beneficial interest.
(g) Securities - Any beneficial interest in securities of a body which has a place of business or land in the council’s area, if the total nominal value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that body or of any one class of its issued share capital.
This applies to all members present at the meeting.
Councillor Gary Poole declared a personal interest as a member of the Safer Neighbourhood Board.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 22 May 2017 be confirmed as an accurate record of proceedings and the Chair be authorised to sign them.
The Service Manager (Environmental Health) reported on the draft Licensing Policy for 2018-2022.
The following was noted in discussion:-
· The key policy changes from the licensing policy 2013/17 were highlighted as detailed in the report at paragraph 3.8.
· The consultation would be closing on the 29 October 2017 and the final draft would include changes before being submitted for approval by Council on the 7 December 2017.
· There would be a new cumulative impact policy for off sales licences and this policy would create a rebuttable presumption.
· It was considered that the wording ‘subject to certain limitation’ under Licensing Policy 3 on page 9 of the draft policy be moved to paragraph 11.
· That paragraph 48 revert to the wording of the previous policy as this had been working well and was considered to be an unnecessary change.
· That the word ‘all’ be deleted from the paragraphs detailing the exceptions to the cumulative impact policy.
· That the wording ‘regarding negative cumulative impact on one or more of the licensing objectives’ be reflected throughout the policy.
RESOLVED that the draft policy be noted and submitted to Council for approval subject to any changes made following the end of the consultation period on the 29 October 2017 and the amendments as detailed above.