Garages Adjacent to 29 Mersey Estate, Ringcroft Street, Islington, London, N7 8ND
The proposed demolition of
disused single storey garages and their replacement with 3No. three
bed terraced houses, with associated private amenity space. The
proposals also include the construction of a bicycle shelter and
the replacement of a brick wall at the end of Ringcroft Street with new boundary treatment.
(Planning application number: P2018/4056/FUL)
In the discussion the following points were made:
· The Planning Officer informed the meeting that proposal before Committee is a council owned development considered by Committee in May 2019 and deferred due to concerns with elevation and plans, amenity concerns as a result of the use of roof terrace.
· The Planning Officer informed members that plan numbers in condition 2 to be amended to read as follows –
Existing Drawings: RS/00; RS/01; RS/02; RS/03; RS/04
Proposed Drawings: RS/05 Rev1; RS/06 Rev1; RS/07 Rev 1; RS/08
Rev 1; RS/09 Rev 1;RS/10 Rev 1; RS/11 Rev 1; RS/12 Rev 1; RS/13
Rev 1; RS/14 Rev 1; RS/15 Rev 1; RS/17;Rev; RS/18 Rev 1; RS/19
Rev 1; RS/20 Rev 1; RS/21 Rev 1; RS/22 RS/23,RS/24, RS/25
Revised Landscaping Plan RS/16 Rev 1
Swept Path Analysis Drawing No 18152.OS.105.01 rev 1
Planning Statement dated April 2020 by Islington Architects;
Design & Access Statement Rev 1 by Islington Architects;
Revised Daylight & Sunlight Assessment – Updated March
Heritage Statement Rev 1 dated April 2020
Site Investigation Report dated June 2018;
Sustainable Design & Construction rev P04 dated April 2020;
· The Planning Officer updated the Committee about changes to condition 2, to be amended to now read bat or bird boxes.
· In response to concern raised about the materiality of the highway at the last committee, the Planning Officer reassured the Committee that the highway materials would be in keeping with the remainder of the street, which is to be secured by the Directors Level Agreement. A suggestion to an include an informative to ensure that the materials used on the highway pavement is similar and not different was agreed.
· In response to concerns about the use of the roof terrace, the Planning Officer informed the Committee of condition 13 restricts the use of the roof terrace only for the purpose of maintenance and that the access to the roof terrace was a window and not a door. Members were advised that any breaches to the conditions which restricts the use of the roof terrace will result in enforcement action be taken.
· In response to members request at the earlier meeting for the agent to consider the provision of balconies, the agent informed the meeting that all options had been thoroughly considered and it was felt that issues of overlooking and height would arise, so was not considered feasible.
· The Planning Officer also noted that a landscaping scheme is part of the proposal and is considered acceptable. In addition
· Members welcomed the revised scheme, acknowledging that the scheme will provide housing which was of high quality design which is considered to enhance the character and appearance of the St Magdalene Conservation Area.
· Members agreed that the proposal is considered acceptable and in accordance with Development Plan policies subject to relevant planning.
Councillor Kay proposed a motion to grant planning permission subject to an additional informative about the highway material noted above and amendments to conditions outlined above. This was seconded by Councillor Poyser and carried unanimously
That following consideration of the case officer’s report (the assessment and recommendations therein), the presentation to Committee, submitted representations and objections, planning permission be granted subject to the conditions and informatives set out in Appendix 1 of the officer report and referred to above, subject to the prior completion of a Deed of Planning Obligation made under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 securing the heads of terms as set out in Appendix 1 of the officer report.
- Garages adjacent to 29 Ringcroft Street - Committee Addendum Report, item 23. PDF 15 MB
- Map P2018-4056-FUL - Garages Adjacent To 29 Mersey Estate, Ringcroft Street, London, N7 8ND, item 23. PDF 115 KB