Accessibility statement for Democracy Islington
This statement applies to content published on https://democracy.islington.gov.uk/
This website is run by Islington Council. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Page titles do not have unique names
- The cookie sidebar does not receive screen reader focus
- Some lists that look like lists are not programmed as lists
- There are a number of broken links on the website
- Some elements are not clearly labelled
- The date selectors across the website are not accessible for screen reader users
- Error messages are not announced and do not receive screen reader focus
- Autocomplete has been disabled for fields requiring personal information
How to request content in a different format
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- report it online using our contact form
- call 020 7527 2000 or minicom 020 7527 1900
- if you use British Sign Language you can contact Islington Council using our Sign Language Interpreting Services.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Islington Council’s Customer Centre and the Town Hall have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit, we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Islington Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The website is not compliant with the following WCAG success criteria.
- 1.3.1: Info and Relationships
- 2.1.1: Keyboard
- 2.4.2: Page titled
- 2.4.3: Focus Order
- 2.4.4: Link Purpose in Context
- 4.1.2: Name Role Value
We have been working with our partners Civica to resolve outstanding accessibility issues. The website underwent a major revamp in July 2023 to make the site more accessible. As a result a majority of the accessibility issues identified in 2022 have been resolved. However, we are aware that there are outstanding accessibility issues and we aim to resolve accessibility problems in this website will be resolved by the end of 2023.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 24 August 2022. It was last reviewed on 12 July 2023.
This website was last tested on 12 July 2023. The test was carried out by Islington Council using a combination of manual and automated testing.