A registered charity in the Greater London area with the aims to:
- Support its constituent members in reducing the number of road traffic casualties in the Council area by educating the public in road safety and lobbying for the change where appropriate.
- Support individual constituent members in reducing the number of road traffic casualties in the Council area where the Council deems it appropriate
To achieve these aims the London Road Safety Council has the following powers:
- To encourage cooperation between all classes of road user with a view to the prevention or reduction of loss of life or injury to persons on the road
- To design, publish and promote suitable material intended to further the prevention of road traffic casualties
- To assist as required with the road safety educational projects of its members in the furtherance of the aims and objectives of the Council
- To maintain the closest possible contact with the media
- To provide a means of communication and assistance in respect of road safety between groups of London Local Authorities, Central Government, the Greater London Assembly (GLA), the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), Transport for London (TfL), ‘London Councils’ and other organisations.
- To organise seminars, exhibitions, competitions and similar activities association with the furtherance of road safety.